Re: Desktop standards, MIME info cache, and Lintian

Le dimanche 08 février 2009 à 18:34 -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> I removed the requirement to call dh_desktop every time you have a
> *.desktop file.  I didn't remove the tag entirely since at the time we had
> no triggers and you still did need to call update-desktop-database if the
> *.desktop file has a MimeType key.
>
> If there's a trigger now that handles this, I'll remove that as well.  Was
> one added?

I don’t think it’s a good idea to use triggers for
update-desktop-database. There are many .desktop files without a
MimeType key, and for all of them calling update-desktop-database is a
waste of time.

On my system, only 30% of .desktop files have a MimeType field. If
anyone can make per-package statistics on the whole archive, that would
probably give a better picture.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.