Re: Arch:all package depending on package that isn't Arch:any

On Wed Jan 14 19:32, Neil Williams wrote:

> I should just note that this was a suggestion by Goswin von Brederlow.
>
> I'm wondering if the change should be made in the other direction:
>
> Package: acpi-support-base
> Architecture: any
> Depends: acpid [i386|amd64]

The problem with both of these is that if acpid starts working on ppc as
well you have to transition acpi-support-base. Ideally the solution
shouldn't require an upload to acpi-support-base when the architectures
of its dependencies change.

> I'd rather that this is fixed generically for all archive software and
> all suites.

Also a good idea (if possible).

Matt

--