Re: integration with power management stacks

Kel Modderman wrote:
> On Sunday 11 January 2009 22:07:21 Stephen Gran wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a couple of open bug reports about integration of hdparm with
>> power management stacks (people would, quite rightly, like to see their
>> disk settings reapplied at resume) - 468307 and 510676.
>>
>> Is there any sort of canonical place I can put a script and have it run
>> that all of them look at?
>
> pm-utils is probably providing the best place for this type of stuff, a few
> distro's are collaborating to develop and maintain it. hal uses and depends on
> it so should pm-utils be present on most standard systems.
>
>> I have no idea for:
>> pm-utils: ?
>
> /etc/pm/{config,power,sleep}.d/

Frans and Joss are correct: Packages should use /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/.

/etc/pm/sleep.d is meant for locally created/modified hooks.

See also
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/README.distributions
/usr/share/doc/pm-utils/HOWTO.hooks.gz

or the man pages, Kel already mentioned.

If the documentation is lacking or unclear, comments are always welcome.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?