Re: integration with power management stacks

On Sunday 11 January 2009 22:07:21 Stephen Gran wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a couple of open bug reports about integration of hdparm with
> power management stacks (people would, quite rightly, like to see their
> disk settings reapplied at resume) - 468307 and 510676.
>
> Is there any sort of canonical place I can put a script and have it run
> that all of them look at?

pm-utils is probably providing the best place for this type of stuff, a few
distro's are collaborating to develop and maintain it. hal uses and depends on
it so should pm-utils be present on most standard systems.

> I have no idea for:
> pm-utils: ?

/etc/pm/{config,power,sleep}.d/

See pm-action(8) and pm-powersave(8). manpages.debian.net seems a good
off line viewer if these are not installed on your system.

> the gnome power stack - is this a veneer on pm-utils or it's own thing?

To best of my knowledge, veneer on pm-utils via hal.

Thanks, Kel.