Usefulness of sections (Re: Sections - especially section:kde and section:gnome)

Le January 7, 2009 02:32:24 am Joerg Jaspert, vous avez écrit :
> > I don't remember using sections in over 4 years of Debian usage, though
> > I had already used GNU/Linux for a few months before I switched to
> > Debian. But I doubt even a user new to GNU/Linux would use them much.
>
> Everyone that uses a tool like aptitude does use them much. I guess
> similar is true for a graphical ting like synaptic and whatnot else we
> have.

aptitude may feature sections more proeminently (I never really used it). For
Synaptic and what else, this is false (Synaptic is the package manager I use
the most). Synaptic has pretty good sections support since I started using
Debian.