Re: Override changes standard -> optional

Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> writes:
> On 2009-01-02, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

>> I'm honestly mystified as to why any of the following should be in
>> standard, given how obscure what they do seems to be:

>>> consolekit
>>> libpam-ck-connector

> Consolekit will be more and more used, at least for desktop installs in
> squeeze, they will probably be impossible to avoid.

I'm not sure what you mean by "desktop installs" and therefore don't
understand what consolekit would do that makes it standard.

If you mean desktop systems such as GNOME or KDE, they're not in standard
and would never be by the definition of standard (standard does not
include X), so if they're what use consolekit, that's not an argument for
making it standard.  However, it may be a good argument for why it's not
obscure.  I did check a current unstable GNOME system and saw no sign of
consolekit, but that may not mean anything.