Re: Bits from the kernel team

Ben Hutchings wrote:
> Currently you can install kernel images from unstable or backports
> without any extra dependencies.  I'm not aware of any significant
> breakage though some packages may rely on deprecated and removed stuff
> in procfs or sysfs.

I've been running upstream kernels without any problems on Lenny.

The only issue I'm aware of is that the init script of nfs-kernel-server is
not compatible with 2.6.32.
The following change in /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server fixes this:
 		# See if our running kernel supports the NFS kernel server
-		if [ -f /proc/kallsyms ] && ! grep -qE 'init_nf(sd|    )' /proc/kallsyms; then
+		if ! [ -d /sys/module/nfsd ]; then

Cheers,
FJP