Re: [RFC] DEP-6: Meta-Package debian/control field

Felipe Sateler a écrit :

> In this particular case, none. But in the general case there are reasons
> to keep the metapackage installed. For example, I want to try out gnome.
> So I install the gnome metapackage. I do not want (say) brasero. But I
> still want everything removable by just saying aptitude remove gnome.

Just wait until somebody implements "somepackagemanager dummy brasero"
that would pull brasero, use equivs (or some other internal system) to
build a brasero equivalent (but without any files), remove brasero and
install it instead, put it in a special list, and do that everytime
brasero (real package) is meant to be installed. *That* would be
reasonable, and would not interfere with what the packagers do.

And you could get "somepackagemanager undummy brasero" and
"somepackagemanager dummylist", which would be a must.
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq