Re: Debian packages and upstart jobs

Russ Allbery dijo [Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 01:07:21PM -0800]:
> (...)
> Is there any reason why it would cause problems for me to add an upstart
> job to the Debian package, even though Debian doesn't currently use
> upstart?  (I realize that the logic around deactivating the init script if
> upstart is present may be a bit complex, but I suspect we can find ways of
> dealing with that.)  I assume the job just sit there quiescent until
> Debian switches to upstart.

Well, I guess that the init script can be made not to fail if it is
running. And although I'm not upstart-literate, I understand that the
event launched by upstart can make the initscript to be called. Just
make sure that starting an already started daemon, or stopping an
already stopped daemon, does not result in failure, and I guess that
would be enough.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244