Re: ITA: dict-gcide

Hi Pablo,

On Wednesday 16 Dec 2009 13:49:18 Pablo Duboue wrote:

> RS> Probably we just host it on alioth and let interested parties
>  contribute to RS> and use it.
>
> RS> Any suggestions on a different name ? Or should we just use the old one
>  ?
>
> What about GCIDE2? And what about merging in wiktionary?

Merging wiktionary would definitely be great. But that'd be a tough task.

In fact, I am not sure if we should even maintain a fork. Maintaining it (as a
hosted project) as upstream is going to be a herculean task. It will require a
lot of effort, time and commitment to it. Also, I don't think I have the
necessary skill set to maintain a project of this magnitude as upstream. I am
a user for it but upstream maintenance is going to be a different thing.

For the current database that it is, IMO NMUing it, as has been happening
might be the best bet. This way we don't lose this software (and all the data
it brings with it).

But if there are many people with interest in it to maintain, I think we could
set up a team and work together.

Regards,
Ritesh
--