Re: SpamAssassin is run on Alioth, but its results are ignored

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 00:12, Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> wrote:

> (I don't know why we're having this discussion on -devel, but)
>
> 2009-12-07 21:27:19 1NHl6v-0006Ak-OI SA: Action: flagged as Spam but accepted: score=9.2 required=5.0 (scanned in 5/5 secs | Message-Id: 5201899751.20091208002714@l3377l.com). From <fanfold@l3377l.com> (host=orsondv.mdp2.net [89.111.164.221]) for debian-eeepc-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> I know it seems an awful lot like trying to help yourself instead of
> just complaining until someone fixes it for you, but you can look at
> the world readable exim configuration and the sa-exim configuration file
> to figure out the threshholds that are set for the whole of alioth, and
> you can ask the list admin to filter on the spam score.
>
> But, of course, whatever works for you.
> --

I would like to point out some things here:
1. The original poster might not be an DD, and thus doesn't have shell
access to the servers in question (please correct me if I'm wrong
here)
2. The normal interpretation of "required" gives an impression that
the spam filter isn't activated in this particular mail, so it's
understandable for me to think so
3. I feel your attitude isn't well suited for an Debian developer. Try
be more helpful instead of sounding like a dick.

--
/Carl Fürstenberg <azatoth@gmail.com>