DEP5: Change of status to "Candidate"
DEP5 is quite stable now (no updates for a while).
Implementation format exists and is being used by quite a few packages now.
Shall DEP-5 be changed to "Candidate" status? Do we have rough consensus?
I believe changing status to Candidate will drive further adoption &
testing as well as helper tool development.
Quote from DEP0:
### DRAFT state: discussion
* every new proposal starts as a DRAFT
* anyone can propose a draft
* each draft has a number (next free one from document index)
* normal discussion and changes to the text happen in this state
* drafts should include *extra* criteria for success (in addition to
having obtained consensus, see below), that is, requirements to
finally become ACCEPTED
#### DRAFT -> CANDIDATE: rough consensus
In order for a DEP to become CANDIDATE, the following condition should
* consensus exists for *what* should be done, and *how* it should be
done (agreement needs to be expressed by all affected parties, not
just the drivers; silence is not agreement, but unanimity is not
With best regards
Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments