Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?

"Piotr Ożarowski" <piotr@debian.org> wrote in message [🔎] 20091203235820.GF6281@piotro.eu">news:[🔎] 20091203235820.GF6281@piotro.eu...
Right now we're working on updating the Debian Python Policy. Once we'll
be happy with the first set of patches, we'll send them to debian-python
mailing list. I don't see a reason to make it public right now as it's
simply not ready. Does it really matter that I'm not preparing it alone?
If I would work on it alone would I still be obligated to make
everything public?

What we needed to know was that progress is being made, and the basic nature of the progress. Your message tells us that.

Progress is being made by way of preparing changes to the Python Policy.

It might be nice if the patches were hashed out in public, but it is not essential, and since that might just slow things down, which is exactly what we don't want, nobody should complain too much.