DEP-5: removed files

Hi,

I remember that debian/copyright should not only list where the source was downloaded from, but also the files which were removed by the packager and the motivation for the removal (DFSG, patents, large convenience copy of a library...). At least, that's how I interpret this (from [1], I cannot find an excerpt from policy):

"3) Include a description of how you obtained the upstream source tarball. This should be sufficient for anybody to duplicate the process immediately, but don't worry too much if it isn't (eg, the server is not public or no longer accessible)."

I see no way with the current [2]DEP-5 proposal to store this information.

My proposal would be to add a new type of sections:

Removed-Files: similar to Files, for removed files
Rationale: reason for the removal.

Best regards, Thibaut.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/12/msg00194.html
[2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/