Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?

Le mercredi 02 décembre 2009 à 09:27 +0100, Sandro Tosi a écrit :
> The problem with Python (interpreters packages) is the maintainer,
> that's force us in his one-man-show and, as you can see, it's failing
> loudly. Matthias is holding back the release and his not willing to
> communicate to the project (nor as a whole nor to the small group of
> people maintaining modules & apps, that keeps asking him about it) his
> plan or anything at all about these packages.

I’m interested to know what Matthias’ boss has to say about this.

Mark, you told me once that you wanted “the best for Debian”. Currently,
a Canonical employee is specifically holding back development of a whole
area of the distribution, and has repeatedly broken his packages without
concertation over the last years.

This doesn’t look like “the best for Debian” to me; it looks more like
maintaining an artificial state where Debian always lags behind Ubuntu -
and when it doesn’t, it is to follow Ubuntu changes without the
opportunity to question them or to implement them in a way that conforms
to our quality principles.

Maybe now is the time to do more than saying those words.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :