Re: New source package formats now available

Le Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:32:40AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :

> > Or you start and propose a different format that can be mostly like 3.0
> > (quilt) for the result (multiple tars) but without the implicit quilt
> > constraints.
>
> Not me, no. And people should have requested that 1-2 years ago when we were
> discussing the new formats in -devel.

Maybe it is because you never wanted to listen to people who were interested to
have the debian directory in a tar.gz, without a patch system on top of it?

I answered to your feedback request, realised that you were not going to change
your mind about format ‘3.0 (quilt)’, and then gave up. How many others?

I understand that you do not want to throw away your work on this patch
management system, but by making it optional, I think that you will actually
increase your chances of success…

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy