ITP: mercurial-buildpackage (for those who care about Mercurial)
Executive summary: If you use Mercurial and pbuilder for package
maintenance you should try out mercurial-buildpackage in
I have spent some time on making an improved version of
hg-buildpackage, which turned out to become a complete rewrite now
called mercurial-buildpackage. The highlights are
* Support dpkg source format 3.0.
* Several .dsc can be imported to retain the full history when
converting an existing package.
* Building via pbuilder is a breeze.
* Easily parsable output; same format as Lintian or Piuparts.
* Complains if the repository has uncommited changes (unless --force).
* Only one repository. Branches are used to keep upstream separate.
I will now work on getting backporting, downstreaming (Ubuntu etc.) to
be a breeze (breezy?) too.
Jens Peter Secher, GPG fingerprint 0EE5978AFE63E8A1.
A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q. Why is top posting bad?