Re: Lintian based autorejects

Le Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 04:17:15PM -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :

> I'm not unsympathetic, but I personally don't mind the ftp team being
> somewhat more proactive than that.  A lot of the bugs that they've marked
> as rejects are pretty obvious and easy-to-fix bugs, and I'm not sure why
> the project as a whole should spend time filing bugs about them when the
> Lintian checks in question have an essentially 0% false positive rate and
> the fix is fairly obvious.  Even if it's not something that's going to
> break the package, why not do it right when it's fairly easy to do so?

Dear Russ and everybody,

I had a very brief look at the DD-list for the packages with unacceptable
Lintian tags, and my gut feeling is that it contains a lot of unmaintained
packages (maybe an UDD expert can confirm). Therefore, rejecting uploads
is no incentive for them to be fixed.

With this in mind, I think that Stefano's proposition to implicate the QA team
in the management of which tag gets in the blacklist makes a lot of sense, as
it will help the people who will do the hard work of orphaning, MIA checking,
and bug fixing to prioritise and orgainse their efforts.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan