Cross compiler ITP (armel)

Hello,

  I would like to do a little explanation on the ITP I have filled for
{linux,binutils,eglibc,gcc-4.3,gcc-4.4,gdb}-armel.

  These set of packages provide a cross toolchain for armel targets to
be built on i386 and amd64 platforms (maybe ppc could be added)

  In order to avoid code duplication in the archive, this packages
build depend on -source packages.

  As major technical issues,  I would try to build cross compilers
with --sysroot support, but that means dpkg-cross need to be updated
for sysroot paths. For now, we might take the road we have been doing
at emdebian.org (for many years) and start changing bits towards a
nice sysrooted solution.

  Please, let me know if you need farther explanations on some topics
or if you have any comment.

Kind regards,
--
 Héctor Orón