Re: Can linux-any arch and friends be used?

On 2009-10-29, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
> Philipp Kern <trash@philkern.de> writes:
>> On 2009-10-29, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
>>> We just had a similar issue (Architecture: linux-any) on irc yesterday
>>> and the outcome was that linux-any will only work post squeeze because
>>> the buildd need to grog that syntax too and run stable outside the
>>> build chroot.
>> However the newer sbuild uses the tools within the chroot to fetch and work
>> with the packages.  Apart from the fact that Architecture is only read by
>> the build system, no?  (But well, quinn-diff is not adapted to understand
>> this, so it wouldn't be scheduled for building at the moment, but the
>> reason of this are not the buildds.)
> buildd as in wanna-build, quinn-diff, buildd, sbuild and whatever else
> in involved as a whole.
>
> Build-Depends are checked for auto dep-wait-ing packages so the
> problem arises there too, just in revers. One won't build while the
> other won't dep-wait.

Apart from the fact that the dep-wait count went back quite a bit thanks
to BD-Uninstallable, IIRC it should just work because the result of a
linux-any in the .dsc Architectures will result in a arch:any Dep and
thus be listed as such in the Packages file where the dep-waiting acts
upon.  It looks to me that only quinn-diff will need a bit of poking.
(Of course you never know in the current mess, but still.)

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern