Re: debian/rules "make -f" restriction

> Michael Tautschnig wrote:
>
> > Adhering to a standard actually decreases complexity. What may seem "elegant" at
> > first makes it a lot harder for other people to step in. For example, the
> > VDR-solution IMHO doesn't decrease complexity, it merely hides it.
>
> Yes, it indeed hides some complexity. But it only hides the stuff that is
> beyond the scope of the actual standard build process. It has no impact on
> the maintainability of the packages.

In an earlier post you mentioned a pbuilder build process: If that is what you
are using, why not go for pbuilder hooks? A hook named A<something> should be
fine, as far as I understood. It should get executed after unpacking the source,
but before starting the build. You could fiddle around with debian/rules in any
way you like and you would (a) not need the special shebang line, (b) not
contaminate the package _at all_ and (c) be happy :-)

HTH,
Michael