Re: Lintian based autorejects

(On vacation with intermittant access, so it may be a while before I see

Ryan Niebur <ryan@debian.org> writes:

> this is probably a question more for lintian maintainers, but...  what
> should we do if lintian is buggy and falsely claims our package has
> one of these tags?

The same as what you would do with any other buggy package in Debian: file
a bug.  I don't know how ftpmaster wants to handle that case, but I
suspect replying to the REJECT message to also let them know about the
problem would be reasonable.

> also, it would be nice to have a way to run lintian so that
> it will only list problems that will cause a REJECT, and have it exit
> with non-zero if any of those are not overriden (or are overriden but
> not allowed to be overriden).

This is definitely something I want to do in the near future in Lintian,
but if you could file a wishlist bug against Lintian, that would ensure
that we don't forget.