texi2html -split_chapter destination changed

Hi, with the current version of texi2html (1.82-1), I'm getting lots of build
failures like (from diffutils-doc):

 debian/rules build
/usr/bin/make
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/diffutils-doc-2.8.1'
makeinfo --output=diff.info diff.texi
texi2html -split_chapter diff.texi
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/diffutils-doc-2.8.1'
touch build
 fakeroot debian/rules binary
rm -rf debian/tmp debian/diff-doc
install -d debian/tmp/DEBIAN debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/diffutils-doc \
                debian/tmp/usr/share/doc-base debian/tmp/usr/share/info
install -m 644 debian/diffutils-doc debian/tmp/usr/share/doc-base
cp -p diff/*.html debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/diffutils-doc
cp: cannot stat `diff/*.html': No such file or directory
make: *** [binary-indep] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status
2

It looks like it put the html files in diff before, but now it's putting them
just in the current directory.  Before I started filing bug reports, I wanted
to know: is this an intentional change in behavior, or is it a bug in
texi2html?
--
Daniel Schepler