Re: Build logs from local builds

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 01:27:05PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> I confirm that usually not having the i386 or amd64 log is often a
> problem.
> One idea that was floating around was to have buildd always recompile
> the package, even on archs the uploader has provided a binary version
> for, to make sure packages are clean.  That would somehow answer you
> need (i.e. provide a build log for _all_ archs).

Or here's a radical idea - allow source only uploads of packages.

People are lazy and like myself don't want to sync pbuilder and
related stuff every time I want to upload something. Since my box is
rarely up to date, this can result in dependencies lagging
somewhat compared to official buildd. I generally don't check for any
build-depends problems anyway with pbuilder unless buildd chokes.

And for the Arch:all packages? I guess no check for this with lazy

So how do I compare with the other maintainers? Or do all maintainers
run pbuilder religiously for each upload?

The requirement not allowing source only uploads is childish at best -
it treats DD as children that can't check their packages compile on
their own box.

I'm all in favour of removing uploaded binaries. But also allow source
only uploads.

Adam Majer