Re: New upstream version

Le Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 02:45:13PM +0100, Klaus Ethgen a écrit :

> I am not a debian maintainer, but I can create a NMU and send it to
> Steve King (Maintainer of dcraw) for regular upload by you or give it to
> another maintainer to load up the NMU if the regular maintainer is to
> busy. For that reason I also cc to debian-devel to ask for a regular to
> suport the upload.

Dear Klaus and Steve,

Fist of all, thank you Klaus for proposing your help on dcraw. In 2008, the
package was in a similar situation, and Steve eventually prepared an update. I
recommend to the people concerend by the state of dcraw to have a look at the
following thread on debian-mentors@l.d.o:

http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/91f186a80807081226n4d4567feu96daf465fefa42d@mail.gmail.com

Steve is maintaining dcraw for six years, and his experience is definitely an
asset for such a package that can affect Debian’s image a lot. (no bad joke ;)
But on the other hand, I think that the situation could be better if dcraw were
team-maintained rather than updated once a year. Steve, what do you think about
this?

PS: and of course, this discussion has to move to another list as soon as it
enters into technical details about packaging issues.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan