Re: Is it time to remove sun-java6?

In article <[🔎] 87d44vrp09.fsf@mid.deneb.enyo.de> you wrote:
> Not necessarily.  It could also be a genuine compatibility issue with
> the IcedTea plug-in.

We regularly see Bugs different from the ones on the Sun distribution. And as
a commercial software vendor we just dont support OpenJDK for that reason
(with a normal support contract).

Since other software vendors try to reduce the number of supported platforms
as well, this is a strong reason for still providing a debian package for
commercial JRE.

Of course once the OpenJDK is more widely used on the Enterprise Desktop
ISVs have to reconsider their policy in order to support thei most common
customers requests.  But at least with my customers this is not the case.

Gruss
Bernd