Re: renamings to remove extensions

On Tue, Sep 29 2009, Mike Hommey wrote:

>> Improving quality may be strictly unnecessary, and may be not directly
>> productive, but that doesn't mean there's no good reason to expect it.
>
> Improving quality only for the sake of it is not necessarily a good
> idea.

        !!!

        If we are trying to provide the best OS ever, improving quality
 is _always_ a good idea. It might be too hard, or too time consuming,
 to implement all the quality improvements, but that does not make the
 improvement of quality "not a good idea".

> I do agree that if everyone but Debian expects foo to be called as
> foo.pl, there is a bug in Debian.

        I think I disagree.  As my mother used to say, if all your
 friends jump into the well, that does not make it a good idea.

        manoj
--
"The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception a
neccessity." Oscar Wilde