Re: Fields used in packages

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> writes:

>> Autobuild should probably go into Policy.  It's used for non-free
>> packages to indicate that it's legal for the buildds to build the
>> packages.
>>
>> Original-Maintainer is odd -- Ubuntu uses that for packages imported
>> and modified in Ubuntu, but I'm not sure what it's being used for in
>> Debian.  It seems like it might be worth documenting, though.

> Autobuild and Original-Maintainer are user-defined (XBSC) and I thought
> that policy should only mandate how user-defined fields are constructed
> as it does in #5.7. Concrete user-defined fields are subject to the
> user, eventually well documented so that can be reused by others. Make
> sense?

Right, we'd do the same thing we did with Vcs-* and turn them into the
equivalent standardized fields without having them be user-defined.
Autobuild is special in that the archive software already pays attention
to a specific value.

Oh, what about Dm-Upload-Allowed?  I didn't see that on your list, but
surely there's a bunch of those?