Re: Fields used in packages

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> writes:

> Candidates for policy so far:
> http://people.debian.org/~danchev/survey/sorted/4policy
> (Multi-Arch field added)

Oh, good, that's less than I thought there would be.  We should probably
add Origin as well.

> The rest are user-defined fields (X[SBC]) which are possible candidates to be
> documented in devref or wiki.d.o, since they seem more volatile to me:
> http://people.debian.org/~danchev/survey/sorted/
> However, I couldn't be precisely sure about the intentions of their creators,
> possible values, and parties supposed to honor or consume them as well.

Autobuild should probably go into Policy.  It's used for non-free packages
to indicate that it's legal for the buildds to build the packages.

Original-Maintainer is odd -- Ubuntu uses that for packages imported and
modified in Ubuntu, but I'm not sure what it's being used for in Debian.
It seems like it might be worth documenting, though.

I wonder what's up with all the Gstreamer and Npp fields.