Re: Faster boot by running init.d scripts in parallel

On Sat, Sep 12 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Michael Biebl]
>> Would be interesting to have a before and after bootchart so this
>> regression can be investigated.
>
> Yes, definitely. Would also be interesting to know what kind of
> hardware you got (CPU, harddrive), and if you enabled readahead or
> not.

        So, on deeper inspection, I have to recant: setting concurrency
 to makefile in /etc/default/rcS does not in fact change the
 timing. Which made me wonder why I thought it did, and it might be that
 I removed but not purged a package, and that might have made inserv
 throw a hissy fit. After purging that packages, reboots with and
 without the concurrency bit show absolutely no change.

        I can still put up the bootchartd data, but it is pretty boring.

        manoj
--
What makes the universe so hard to comprehend is that there's nothing to
compare it with.