opposition against clamav-data in debian volatile (was: Packages that download/install unsecured files)

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:56:07 +0000 (UTC), Philipp Kern
<trash@philkern.de> wrote:
>On 2009-09-18, Tom Feiner <feiner.tom@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks like this method works well for clamav-data and other similar packages
>> which needs to update databases frequently on stable/oldstable.
>
>clamav-data is scheduled for deletion as soon as volatile moves onto
>ftp-master, so that's no precedent.  (I.e. there is opposition against
>daily builds entering the archive without real developers signing them.)

Why does the person responsible for these uploads not know about this
opposition? Why was the person doing the significant work not informed
about the fact that every single minute put into the package is wasted
anyway?

I wasn't informed once about the changes that were applied to the
volatile mechanisms in the last year. All interruptions in the
clamav-data delivery were caused by unannounced changes.

Does the project want me to stop providing clamav-data starting
tomorrow?

Greetings
Marc