Re: The 'git' Debian package in squeeze

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 05:10:45PM +0200, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 05:06:02PM +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> >   I cannot see a good solution here.
>
> Well, the obvious solution is to include it in the Release Notes.

That would just spam and mud down the Notes.
The "worst case" is be that people will have a not so big package installed.
Just compare that with what Gnome or KDE does.  And if you have anything
that depends on gettext, you will have musty old crap (CVS) pulled in
through recommends.

Plus, having git is a blessing not a problem :p

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be