Re: responsibility for iptables bug

On Sep 16, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> wrote:

> This bug should *NOT* be closed. Getting a deprecation warning for a simple and
> common use of iptables is a bug somewhere, either in iptables or the kernel.
Sometimes life is just not how we would like it to be, and by accepting
this you could save much anger and anxiety...

> in any way to tag this bug wontfix without any comment at all. Are people
> supposed to live with that deprecation warning forever? I'd expect that Debian
No, I expect that it will be removed along with CONFIG_NF_CT_ACCT.

> provides useful defaults, running in such a warning is not useful.
Indeed, the default is already useful and does not need to be changed.
Maybe the warning should be disabled, but I do not care about it and I
expect neither do the kernel maintainers.

--
ciao,
Marco