Re: Talk: Reflections of a bigtime Debian bug reporter

[Dan Jacobson]
> Gentlemen, I shall be delivering my talk,
> "Reflections of a bigtime Debian bug reporter"
> http://jidanni.org/comp/bug_reporter.html

Interesting topic.  I had a look at your outline, and one particular
thing I found missing was good instructions on what to include in a
bug report.  From
this list very useful for people wanting to report bugs:

 - What did you do just before things went wrong? As detailed as
   possible, please, so that the developers and other testers are able
   to recreate the error.

 - What happened, including accurate notes of any error messages and
   so on.

 - What did you expect would happen? Why do you think what actually
   happened was wrong?

 - Include a copy of any relevant logfiles.

Especially the 'what did you expect' is important, as it often make it
possible to differentiate between software bugs, documentation bugs
and plan simple user expectation issues.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen