Re: Discussion: New feature for source packages

2009/9/14 Hans-J. Ullrich <hans.ullrich@loop.de>:

> Problem: Whenever I upgrade to a new kernelversion, or there are new versions
> of kernel-modules or other packages, which are only available in source-code,
> it is necessary to build the new versions manually. This is rather annoying
> and it might be a problem for not experienced users.

With module-assistant comes a script that does almost what you want,
you just need to make it check for an argument, and add -l "$1" to
m-a's command line.
It's at /usr/share/doc/module-assistant/examples/non-interactive-auto-update.sh
Drop the script in /etc/kernel/postinst.d/ and it should build every
module that you have unpacked in /usr/src for the new kernel
Maybe this could be added to m-a documentation, with a drop-and-use script?
Cheers,

Luca

P.S.

For the sake of clarity I attached the modified script, it's very short.
I didn't try it though.