Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On 12 Sep 11:13, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2009-09-10 17:23:32, schrieb Stefano Zacchiroli:
> > We currently even have procmail recipe to automatically subscribe upon
> > BTS ack receipt, that should be the default and the recipes reverted to
> > unsubscribe by default who doesn't want subscription.
>
> Then I have to write a  second  procmail  recipe  which  unsubscribe  me
> IMMEDIATELY if I am hit by such messages...
>
> It is realy ANNOYING to get tonns  of  BTS  messages  on  my  cellphone,
> because my <linux4michelle> adress is my official business email!
>
> And of course, I DO NOT FIND IT FUNNY, if somone post a coredump, log or
> whatelse and it has 10 MByte and more...  And under Symbian, you can not
> stop maildownloads you are ucked for at least an half hour.

This all smells a bit like user error, replace user... If you don't want
bug e-mails to that address, don't send them from that address. Also,
unless symbian is *really* much worse than Window Mobile, then you
should be able to set it to use IMAP and *NOT COLLECT* messages over a
certain size.

It is *REALLY* annoying having one person whine about improvements to
the BTS because it means that *THEY* might have to do something.

*SIGH*,
--
Brett Parker