#545996: please inform submitters they need to subs cribe

package: bugs.debian.org
severity: wishlist
x-debbugs-cc: debian-devel@lists.debian.org

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 10. September 2009, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> But reporters are sacrifing some of their time to help us make our
> distribution better. Do you really think we should scare them away
> by rewarding bug reports by pulling the reporters in lengthy
> discussions how the bug is best fixed?

I think I agree with this rhetorical question.

But I also think the acknowledgement mail should contain the information that
the submitter is not being subscribed by default and how s/he can subscribe.

Also it would be nice if #351856 would be implemented, so people who want
this, will be automatically subscribed to their bugs.

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: this mail was manually resend to -devel, somehow my mail triggered a bug
in the BTS, so instead of this mail being send with the bugnumber to -devel@
(as it usually works), this time I got a confirmation request for my
subscription to debian-bugs-dist-request@lists.debian.org 8-)

P.S.: After three attempts I gave up and went to the listmaster irc channel
where I learned that my mail didnt make it through because I had "subscribe"
in the subject...