Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 03:43:16PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > This is subjective. I know of several bug reporters who would either
> > be happy to see that their bug is being dicussed/attended to, or even
> > be able to pariticipate in the fixing efforts if their technical
> > knowledge falls in the category of that bug.
>
> > Just my view, I try to remember to Cc the reporter, but I'd much
> > rather prefer being subscribed to bugs as I report them.
>
> What would be really useful here is the ability to set up the BTS to
> subscribe you to bugs you've filed by default.  That avoids the issue
> with confusing less technical users.

To be more specific, we should have a pseudo-header like

Subscribe: yes

which would allow me to subscribe to the bug during submission. This
way, we avoid all issues of forcing users to see the BTS mail
exchanges, and allow the brave ones to participate without explicit
subscription.

I recall having contacted Don about this. He was not averse to
implementing this feature, but did not have sufficient time to handle
it.

Thanks.

Kumar