Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Do others feel we should enable emailing the submitter by default?
> there are some reasons not to?

As raised by Berhard[0], this could bother some reporters, OTOH - as
Kumar said[1] - other posters would actually like being more closely
involved with their bugs.

Why not include a pseudo-header to subscribe to bugreports on submit?
This way reportbug could include a question asking if the user wants to
follow the bug closely or just fire-and-forget. Should leave the choice
to the submitter and still leave the option of explicitly using

Disclaimer: I have no idea how feasible this is. I never even looked at
the BTS code.

[🔎] 20090910142150.GA15120@pcpool00.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de">http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 20090910142150.GA15120@pcpool00.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
[🔎] 20090910143253.GA11027@146653177.ece.utexas.edu">http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 20090910143253.GA11027@146653177.ece.utexas.edu

Leo "costela" Antunes