Re: State of developers-reference

Quoting Lucas Nussbaum (lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net):

> - When doing talks about something at Debconf or at another conference,
>   take the opportunity to review and improve the corresponding dev-ref
>   section. (That applies to the i18n chapter of dev-ref, which is
>   apparently badly outdated).

I wouldn't say so. Information about i18n that's in the DevRef is
still mostly correct. However, on top of it, many "good practices"
have emerged (such as sending call for translations) and could be
documented there.

So, more than outdated information (which would mean it is no longer
correct), this is more about information that could be more detailed.

In that specific matter, the information is actually nowhere else but
in the head of a few i18n-crazy folks such as myself. I admit it would
be better to have it in the DevRef...:). I could say "OK, I'll take a
look and update"...but that could be a promise in the wild so I'd
better say "I'm not the only person who can update things
there"....and hope that someone will pick up with that part..:-)