Re: The future of the boot system in Debian

Quoting mlists@stacktrace.us (mlists@stacktrace.us):
> Could someone please point me to a discussion on the pros and cons of upstart that was not funded by that spacecowboy shuttleworth?

I see absolutely zero point in throwing out partly aggressive remarks
in this thread.

Scott, who initiated upstart development, did a tremendous work in
Debian before moving to something else, and deserves respect for this
(and he *has* respect from most contributors in this project). So do
all people who work partly funded by Canonical and do not put mental
barriers where there are none.