Re: The future of the boot system in Debian

Could someone please point me to a discussion on the pros and cons of upstart that was not funded by that spacecowboy shuttleworth?

Michael Biebl wrote:
Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
The future of the boot system in Debian

The planned time frame for this is to replace /sbin/init with upstart
for Squeeze, and see if we manage to change the very early boot to

Petter Reinholdtsen, Kel Modderman, Armin Berres

Due to an oversight from my side, I missed to sign this announcement.

As maintainer of upstart I obviously was involved in the discussion and planning
and I support this plan.