Re: trayer_1.1_i386.changes REJECTED

Wouter Verhelst dijo [Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 12:47:44PM +0200]:
> > >   * Upstream has abandoned the program, so the package is now Debian
> > >     native.
> >
> > Switching upstreams does not make a package native.
>
> How so? There is no reason why a package where the upstream and the
> Debian Developer are one and the same person could not be native.
>
> I know it is fancy and modern to think that Debian native packages
> should only be used for things that are specific to the Debian
> infrastructure, but there is nothing in policy that requires that, and
> indeed several packages (including, e.g., offlineimap) are distributed
> as such.

Why should it be Debian-native? Do you want other distributions
carrying it to necessarily include your debian/*? Do you want to
throw stones in the way of Debian derivatives by being unable to do
packaging-specific changes while keeping track of your upstream
releases?

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244