Re: RFC round 5: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Ben Finney wrote:
> > In the sample above, if I wanted to add the Origin field I would do
> > something like this:
> > Origin: vendor: written by maintainer, see Author
>
> I think that either of ‘Origin: vendor’ (for a patch created by the
> package maintainer) or ‘Origin: other’ would be better than omitting the
> field. I'd like to see the examples recommend its use in these cases.

I don't share this opinion, let's see if we can have some more feedback.

While I would like to have the vendor|other info for stats purpose,
discussions have made it clear that they are not worth the addition of a
supplementary field. Furthermore, vendor and other were meant as prefix,
which they are not in your samples. That would make another special case
to explain.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog