Re: Bits from the release team: Release goals, schedule, state of the union

Steffen Joeris <steffen.joeris@skolelinux.de> writes:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 06:51:48 am Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> Release Goals
>> =============
[...]
>>  - kFreeBSD:
>>     Debian 6.0 Squeeze should be the first Debian release shipping with
>>     a non-Linux kernel.
> Out of curiosity, how is security support working for this and who is
> providing it?

We [1] were hoping that kfreebsd-{i386,amd64} would be handled like i386
and amd64 and be supported by the security team.

As we know that the security team's manpower is limited, we acknowledge
this by asking you for any concers in supporting a architecture. For the
Squeeze cycle, this hasn't been done yet [2], as we haven't decided yet
which of the old architectures can't be supported from a release team
point of view.

Including kFreeBSD architectures in the release has been in discussion
for some time now, and we didn't see any official security team position
on this yet, thus assumed there were no (big) concers. Should you have
see some, please inform us soon.

Thanks,
Marc

Footnotes: