Re: What’s the use for Standards-Version?

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         If there are people not managing their Standards Versions fields
>  like they are supposed to, and are too lazy or incompetent to keep
>  track of a simple version, I suggest we start thinking about removing
>  DD status from people based on a track record of incompetence.

I sugges you stop suggesting stuff like that. It doesn't help, do you
remember the last time someone suggested to get you removed on -policy, how
did you like it?

Joss has taken the right decision and would have done so even without your
useless remark.

It's a bookmark to be used together with the upgrading checklist, and if
you don't use it to check whether something has to be updated in the
package, you should not update it.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog