Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

On Tue, Aug 11 2009, Matthew Johnson wrote:

> On Tue Aug 11 10:12, Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:
>> Personally I don't think we should do a GR to recommend a freeze or release date.
>> We already used the DPL election to push a release, when it was *long* due, but
>> I don't think we should push a freeze.
> Zack has been patching devotee to allow more informal (and not at all
> binding) polls to be run with the same infrastructure. I think this
> could be a suitable candidate to run using that. It allows us to have a
> poll which can only be voted in by DDs and not easily stuffed, but
> without having to go through the pain of a formal resolution.

        Hmm? Why haven't these patches been sent upstream, then?  I have
 been also working at devotee-ng, which will have a plug-in
 architecture, to allow votes to add in dfferent pre-processing stacks
 (mime/gpg-decrypt, vs plain ballot vs DB lookup), to bypass checks
 (gpg, ldap), or add new ones, and to change the vote tallying
 algorithm, and add in new response/publish modules.

        Forking devotee at this point seems to serve little purpose,
 given that upstream is not hostile.

We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is
futile. Attributed to B.G., Gill Bates