Re: maybe a problem with sid branch

Hi,

2009/8/1 Leinier Cruz Salfran <salfrancl@ipigto.rimed.cu>:
> I disagree with you on this point .. where is success? in a civilized
> discussion on the proposal and the exchange of ideas .. if we discover
> that there is a problem why we will not publish this list, for example,
> although it is obvious that this is a problem of dependencies and is the
> branch where are shown all recent changes and new packages that have
> probability of failure? .. I think if we want development we can not be
> put obstacles .. that is my humble opinion

I understand your point, but you should be aware of the definition of this
Debian branch:

1) http://www.debian.org/releases/unstable/
2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian#Distributions

As you can see, in 1) there says:

""sid" is subject to massive changes and in-place library updates. This can
result in a very "unstable" system which contains packages that cannot be
installed due to missing libraries, dependencies that cannot be fulfilled etc."

So, in spite of your correct rationale about this, sid may have problems related
to _minor_ dependencies and this is the case (because of its changing-nature).
This is a common problem when trying to create a base.tgz in pbuilder. Just try
again later.

Regards,
--
Muammar El Khatib.