Re: RFC round 4: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> Would it be possible to make Origin optional if Bug is present? I feel that when
> Description and Bug are present, Origin shouldn't really be required.

The bug entry is not the same as the patch URL.

It's true that in many cases you will find the patch in the bug log but
there are also cases where you have multiple patches in the bug log so
it's best to point the patch actually used.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog