Re: Switching /bin/sh to dash (part two)

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 06:17:30PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> > Or we need to set explicitly use #!/bin/dash in umountall?
> > [not so flexible solution, but IMHO enough good]
>
> If it needs dash then yes, set #!/bin/dash and Pre-Depend on dash.
>
> But in this case that really needs to be fixed to work with any posix
> shell.

It's not the usual "umountall uses features not in POSIX" case but
rather "bash does lots of unneccessary things that in turn break
umountall". umountall wants a shell that does not do any NSS lookups
internally when it is not asked to. So it's bash that needs to be fixed
to do a lot less when it is invoked as /bin/sh.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences